Paul Walker Ocean Leadership Award: Nomination Form
2020 Paul Walker Youth Leadership Award Nomination Form
Award Applications Are Now CLOSED, check back January 2021 for next year's application.
Deadline to apply:
Monday, February 24th 2020– 5 p.m. Pacific time
Review the guidelines below, complete your application and submit by email (as a Word document or PDF) to: PaulWalkerFoundation@mbayaq.org
The Paul Walker Youth Award was created by the Monterey Bay Aquarium in collaboration with Paul Walker’s daughter, Meadow Walker, and the Paul Walker Foundation to honor the memory of the actor who used his celebrity to advance ocean causes and in support of philanthropic ventures.
The Youth Award recognizes a young person, age 16 to 22, who is an ocean conservation champion. The Paul Walker Foundation provides a scholarship to each youth award winner to help them pursue marine science/environmental studies in college.
The Aquarium solicits applications for the Youth Award throughout the year. Final selection is made by representatives of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Paul Walker Foundation and winners are notified by email. The recipient will receive their award at a time mutually convenient for representatives of the Paul Walker Foundation, Monterey Bay Aquarium and the award recipient.
Applications for consideration for the 2020 award must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 24th 2020. Each application must include
From the applicant: Please draft an essay with the following information1. Introduction and background
- Contact information (email, phone number and address):
- School/grade level/age:
- Name of the adult who will be sending letter of rec
- Contact of person writing the recommendation:
2. Short essay from the student (maximum 300 words) explaining how selection for the award will help them advance their academic and ocean conservation goals and how their work was influenced by or connected to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. (for example, how is your work connected to your experience at the Aquarium). You may also include photos/video link
3. Letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher or from at least one leader in an ocean conservation project in which they're involved.
They will: Describe the academic and community activities demonstrating the nominee's qualities as an ocean conservation champion; and the impact their ocean conservation work is having, in their community or among their peers. (up to 500 words)
4. Application and letter of recommendation can be received separately
5. Submit completed application and letter of recommendation by email (as a pdf) to: PaulWalkerFoundation@mbayaq.org