Paul Walker Ocean Leadership Award: Nomination Form
2019 Paul Walker Youth Leadership Award Nomination Form
Award Applications Opens:Friday, October 5th, 2018 – 5 p.m. Pacific time
Deadline to apply:
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019– 5 p.m. Pacific time
Review the guidelines below, complete your application and submit by email (as a Word document or PDF) to: PaulWalkerFoundation@mbayaq.org
The Paul Walker Youth Award was created by the Monterey Bay Aquarium in collaboration with Paul Walker’s daughter, Meadow Walker, and the Paul Walker Foundation to honor the memory of the actor who used his celebrity to advance ocean causes and in support of philanthropic ventures.
The Youth Award recognizes a young person, age 16 to 22, who is an ocean conservation champion. The Paul Walker Foundation provides a scholarship to each youth award winner to help them pursue marine science/environmental studies in college.
The Aquarium solicits applications for the Youth Award throughout the year. Final selection is made by representatives of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Paul Walker Foundation and winners are notified by email. The recipient will receive their award at a time mutually convenient for representatives of the Paul Walker Foundation, Monterey Bay Aquarium and the award recipient.
Applications for consideration for the 2019 award must be received by 5 p.m. on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2019. Self-nominations are acceptable; nominations may also be submitted by teachers and ocean conservation program leaders who are familiar with the work of the nominees. Each application must include:
- Introduction and background about the nominee:
- Contact information:
- School/grade level/age:
- Describe the academic and community activities demonstrating the nominee’s qualities as an ocean conservation champion; and the impact their ocean conservation work is having, in their community or among their peers. (up to 500 words; can also include photos/video link)
- Short essay from the nominee (maximum 300 words) explaining how selection for the award will help them advance their academic and ocean conservation goals and how their work was influenced by or connected to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. (for example. is the nominee a student of a teacher that participated in the Aquarium’s Teacher Institute?).
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher and from at least one (1) leader in an ocean conservation project in which they’re involved.
- Submit completed application by email (as a Word document or PDF) to: PaulWalkerFoundation@mbayaq.org